Provides physician extender services to patients as needed based on DCH Healthcare System policies and procedures and in collaboration with physician.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provides assessment services for CRNP documentation..
* Review diagnostic reports with physician and provide patient follow-up.
* Works in collaboration with other health care providers and collaborating/contractual physicians.
* Teaches, supervises and counsels patients and significant other regarding educational needs appropriate to diagnosis.
* Plans and initiates therapeutic regimen which includes ordering legend drugs, medical devices, nutrition and supportive services for patients that do not require a history and physical.
* Flexibility in scheduling may be necessary based on patient care needs.
* Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
* Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
* Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
* Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
* Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
* All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
MSN required. Appropriate certification required. Two years outpatient or ambulatory care experience preferred. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Able to lift at least 20 lbs. Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting. Good communication skills. Good manual and finger dexterity. Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
KEY WORD SEARCH
Associated topics: bilingual, bsn, clinical, cna, cns, community, family nurse practioner, locum, neighborcare, np